Sunday, February 4, 2007

Oxford

From Bath Time!

So yesterday I got myself a student rail pass and went to Oxford. The trains really confuse me; I don’t know how people understand it. Thank got for old women and rail officials who sympathize with my confusion. Unfortunately, the train I was on was delayed two hours, sitting barely outside the station where I had to change trains. Apparently the train in front of us had caught on fire. So I start talking to the guy sitting next to me, and of all the people to sit next to on the train, I happen to gravitate to the only other Californian. It was pretty strange.

It was great to see the Matts. Above is a pic of us sampling the strange UK candies. Mine was called "Yorkies," and on the side of the candy bar it said "NOT FOR GIRLS." So I thought "wow, maybe it's a really intense candy bar..." Nope. It's nothing but pure milk chocolate. We also walked around a local inside market area, and watched a woman make a cake/sugar sculpture of Thomas the Tank Engine.



Oxford is pretty great, it’s much bigger and more “city-like” than Bath (although Schwartz assures me it’s no London). We walked around Oxford (the school) looking at all the old pretty buildings and rooms. They're very strict about visitors only allowed to walk certain places, but because Chester is a student, we got mad hook ups, yo.

From Bath Time!


Yeah, they filmed Harry Potter here.


Dead Guy # 2: There's a really old church in Oxford, much like Bath Abby. Once again, lots of dead guys. I can without a doubt have dead people become a theme of my photos.

No comments: